I always said I could never take a pump break. Lantus never seemed to work, so how could I possibly stop using one? But I did. A pump site fell out and I don’t think I’ll ever forget the feeling of, “Yes! I’m done!” I thought I might take a month break.These two photos (and their captions) briefly cover what I’ve been feeling.
- I know I still need to go in for training.
- I don’t completely know how it’s working for me yet, because starting was an impulsive decision about two hours after my Levemir dose.
- Filling this reservoir is weird!
- With the ping, I used the long tubing so I could shower with it. I chose the short tubing this time, which is convenient for tucking it into pockets, but it seems SO short.
- Bolusing is so much more convenient.
- I got into bed and forgot I had to sleep with it. It didn’t bother me last night, but I couldn’t feel it under my back this morning.
- I cannot wait to use a temp basal for exercise rather than using foods for safe BGs.
- I would be way more nervous about starting this by myself if I was not using the Dexcom.
- I’m really grateful to all the T slim users who have offered advice and support and “let me know if you have any questions!”