Moments

July 15, 2013

Words are too hard to come by still.  Plus, the pictures are much more beautiful.

I've called her Rebel for 5 years, and this week I had to call her Melissa.  It was difficult.

I’ve called her Rebel for 5 years, and this week I had to call her Melissa. It was difficult.

To most people, this might not seem like such a big deal, but to a crippling shy person like myself, this is huge.

I'm not trying to be cheesy, but these are both old and new friends for life.

I’m not trying to be cheesy, but these are both old and new friends for life.

Conference Mom "made" us go get caricatures during a lull in the exhibit hall :)

Conference Mom “made” us go get caricatures during a lull in the exhibit hall 🙂

Sometimes fellow T1s happen to also have been NFL players

Sometimes fellow T1s happen to also have been NFL players

My life would be a lot less rich without these two.

My life would be a lot less rich without these two.

Cooling off with Pingers :)

Cooling off with Pingers 🙂

Sometimes you just need to go to a place where you don't think there's enough insulin in the world to cover what you're eating.

Sometimes you just need to go to a place where you don’t think there’s enough insulin in the world to cover what you’re eating.

You can't say goodbye to Friends for Life without at least saying hello to Mickey & Minnie.

You can’t say goodbye to Friends for Life without at least saying hello to Mickey & Minnie.

The hugs I've been hearing about since I first met Scott online really are as good as people say.

The hugs I’ve been hearing about since I first met Scott online really are as good as people say.

I feel beyond blessed to call this woman my friend.

I feel beyond blessed to call this woman my friend.

Last but not least, and what this conference is all about:

"Wow, you ladies have certainly been to a lot of clubs & been drinking."

“Wow, you ladies have certainly been to a lot of clubs & been drinking.”

These are the people who get it.  100% of the time.

These are the people who get it. 100% of the time.

1. July 15, 2013 10:29 AM

I love this, Briley. My favorite one? The one about diabetes helping you find your voice. 🙂

2. July 15, 2013 1:29 PM

Great pictures Briley! And it looks like an amazing time 🙂 I’m hoping to get to one of these conferences one day.

3. July 15, 2013 1:46 PM

I was a little choked up, even BEFORE I saw the picture of me and you. That put me over the edge. So glad to call you my friend for life!

4. Anna permalink
    July 15, 2013 2:07 PM

I can’t wait to hear all about it!

5. July 16, 2013 11:01 PM

Was great to finally meet you, Briley! And loved all the photos you’ve got there! So very smiley that you’ve found your voice, and are so willing and able to share it with us.

6. July 19, 2013 3:17 PM

I agree with Scott – the world would be a lesser place without your voice so the YCDT picture is my favorite. Mom is always right and you and Brian’s caricatures are awesome! Great photos – glad my little pinger made the cut. I am so very grateful I was able to meet you and even hang a bit.

7. Sara permalink
    July 21, 2013 2:54 AM

What about the “moment” I met you?! 😀

(Happy I made it into a pic!!)

8. August 9, 2013 10:46 PM

I LOVE all of your photos! So jealous you got to experience something so amazing-I hope I can go one year!