Magic

July 14, 2013

I went to Florida knowing I’d experience magic.  I’ve been reading about the Friends for Life conference for two summers and my heart has been wanting to be there both of those times.  I knew that I would leave feeling different.  What I didn’t realize is that I would be the magic.  I was able to comfort a mom of a teenager, just by saying I’ve been there, and now I’m here.  I was there when a mother noticed my green bracelet.  Her daughter who has had diabetes for 8 months thought it was amazing that I’ve had diabetes for 24 years.  And last but not least before I fall asleep, I was told many variations of: I follow you; I like your blog; I can’t believe I get to meet you. I went to feel a difference.  Instead I made a difference.

Green Bracelets

Green Bracelets

1. Melissa-Rebel permalink
    July 15, 2013 2:03 AM

I love you B-rock it was an amazing week!

2. July 15, 2013 9:15 AM

Good for you… I’m glad it was a great experience!

3. July 16, 2013 6:20 AM

The line “I went to feel a difference. Instead I made a difference” brought the biggest smile to my face! I’m glad you had an amazing time! I’m not from the U.S, but might have to put the Friends for Life conference on my bucket list after everything I’ve read about it!

4. July 17, 2013 6:58 PM

Yup, it really is magic, isn’t it?

5. July 21, 2013 4:49 PM

This post makes me happy, Bri. So glad to have met you IRL finally, too. 🙂

6. bennetdunlap permalink
    July 23, 2013 3:22 PM

“What I didn’t realize is that I would be the magic.” Best definition of community ever.