Brain. No. Work.
April 5, 2013
I tried to write a nice sounding post, but the events of which I’m writing about have made me so tired that I sound like a robot. So here we go.
Yesterday was a pump site change day.
- Around 2:00 I felt a little thirsty and was 414.
- I changed it again and bolused.
- I left to pick up the kids, but accidentally left my meter at home.
- We stopped for dinner because there was so much traffic. I ate because I felt better.
- When we finally got home I was 397.
- When I was 457 I took a shot, tested ketones (moderate) and changed everything again.
- When I was 385 at 11:45, I bolused again, but pleased it was at least on it’s way down.
- Before bed I was 383, and I was about to change things again when I got dripped on from my pump.
- After further investigation, I realized there was a crack in the tubing.
- I called Animas (because clearly 1AM is the time to do this) and they’re sending me new sites.
- Today I woke up at 167 and I need a coffee IV.