Life’s a-changing

August 29, 2012

Have you noticed that I’ve been a little quiet lately?  Well, life’s changing and it’s changing fast.  Back in April the Genius parents and I talked and we realized/decided that the job with the kids would change to part-time when they returned to school in the Fall.  I rejoice for them growing, but I am sad because I have to make the choice to leave.  Tomorrow is my last day with Boy & Girl Genius.  The past 2.5 years have been nothing short of amazing.  Life happens and life changes, but oh my goodness this week is difficult to get through. I love being a nanny, so that is what I will continue to do.  I have found another wonderful family, so Friday I am moving and on Monday I will be starting with them.  There was a piece of me that wanted to jet out of town (Colorado), but the quality, respectful nanny jobs are right here in the Boston area.  This family has graciously offered for me to live in their basement apartment which I have accepted and I am very excited to start.

Looking forward

I may not be your nanny anymore, but I will always love you & support you and I’m going to miss you like crazy!

1. August 29, 2012 1:20 PM

I can only imagine how hard this is, and how attached you must be to the Genius kids at this point after spending so much time with them. I know I get attached to the kids at work, and I see them way less than you work with the Genius kids.

Congratulations on the new job, and I hope the new chapter is an amazing one! :]

2. laosita permalink
    August 29, 2012 1:46 PM

Congratulations on your new job! Know that you’ve touched and changed Boy&Girl Genius while under your care; and a new family is so blessed to have you in their lives.

3. August 29, 2012 2:55 PM

Even thought I knew this was coming, I have tears in my eyes. Wtf Briley, making me cry at work. Can’t wait to hear the nicknames for the new family 🙂

4. August 29, 2012 5:46 PM

Congratulations. Hope it’s a perfect fit for you and your new family!

5. mom permalink
    August 30, 2012 7:31 AM

Now they are your friends. How lucky for all of you.

6. September 5, 2012 1:30 PM

Oooooh, this must be exciting and so tough all at once!! Congrats on the new position, and I know you will still stay close with the Geniuses!!

7. September 6, 2012 8:57 AM

I wondered what was going on with all of that…genius me didn’t realize I could just read your blog and find out. I hope you’re settling in and adjusting to the newness of it all. You’ll do great!